Monday, January 28, 2013

Letter to a Stranger - 1

This one is inspired from Monika's series (like this one)...



To the "Dude" who was standing behind me at the ATM,

Don't judge the person ahead of you in line, just because I took a little more time than normal and because you felt unable to spend that extra 2 minutes in your overwhelmingly busy schedule. And you probably assumed that since I'm a woman I "obviously" will take more time. Have you never tried to withdraw a large amount of money and found that the number of notes are too much, which means swipe again, enter again and wait for the notes again. And then do it again one more time for the remaining amount.

Maybe you never have to withdraw that type of cash, cos you're a cool dude and you can drop in at the ATM anytime, but I was withdrawing it for my dad who likes to take it as one large sum every month. And I had already visited one ATM that was out of order, and was probably in more of a hurry than you were as I was on the way to pick up my son from school too.

So dude, chill! And don't try to put across your point by sarcastically throwing a "Finished?" at me as I'm leaving.



Mon, this is a brilliant idea, I totally needed that out of my system!!

14 comments:

  1. Hehehe.. maybe your parting shot should have been to tell the dude that the ATM does not work any more and to head somewhere else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me Ruth, I wished I could have had the quick wit to have immediately replied - "Oh no I forgot something", and gone back and done a couple more transactions ;)

      Thanks for dropping in!

      Delete
  2. hahahaaa.... good one... u shud have done... oops i forgot.. i had to withdraw 200 hundred more :D ... and then say just kidding :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swati, thought of so many responses in retrospect but unfortunately wasn't quick thinking enough for them right then !!

      Delete
  3. I agree with you Aparna.. these days number of Dude's in our society is increasing daily and you can face this issue every where , where there is a queue and a young dude is standing behind us...thinking why these ladies can't be fast....they don't know that this system is slow not WE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imagine if you had said "I came to tell you to quit waiting here and move on. I will take much more time than I thought :D"

    Ofcourse with a not so meaningful sorry :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL ! Seriously this is a good vent out method

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's one cool post. Wish he were reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tulika, I was wondering if I would be happy if he read it, or maybe just embarassed!! I could never actually say this stuff to his face you know :) !

      Delete