Tuesday, January 10, 2012

It's a new year !

And Resolution time of course ;) I usually refrain from making resolutions as I never manage to keep them :O but there are some this year which I (hopefully!) am already on the path of:

1. No new clothes in 2012 - Overflowing cupboards, 4 unstitched blouses and 3 salwar-kameez materials that lie inside taunt me everytime I take out clothes to wear. I keep giving away clothes (3 times last year) and yet it's like an Akshayapatra and clothes are always falling out. I usually try to limit wastage in stuff like water/electricity/groceries/even LPG consumption that I thought it's time I included this area of my life too. So - also to be announced to all family members who might feel the need to buy me any - no buying or being gifted clothes this year.

2. Finding my abs - That's a more fun way to put it than to talk about losing flab ;). My second child is now going to be 4 years old and having been pregnant is no longer an excuse (even to myself) for the state my abs (hidden under layers) are in! Have been checking out lots of Home Exercise programs (mostly from Beachbody) and I'm quite comfortable with the starting levels of P90 as well as Turbo Jam. Going to attack both these, either in separate cycles or as a combination - done with 1 week of TJ already, wish me luck to keep at it !! This one is also important because my family has a history of neck and back problems, some of which I'm already facing, and regular exercise is sooo important.

3. Organize Organize Organize - this has so many levels to it it's scary. From accounting to remembering to check if my maid has washed the tiffin boxes for the next day, on some days I have no clue where to start. I've tried making checklists, but then forgotten to look at the checklist :X. So here I go with setting reminders for everything I can think of, and hoping that's going to be better than my previous attempts. The hitch is to actually perform the action as soon as the reminder comes, or I am capable of forgetting within 10 mins :(.

4. Green green green :) - this is something I've been trying to do in 2012 with composting and kitchen gardening, so hope to keep at it. I have started using an organic detergent for clothes washing, but my experience is that to try a do-or-die approach for this stuff will drive me and everyone around me a bit crazy. So if i can't get that stain out, I still reach for the Cuffs-and-Collars! Until the time I can effortlessly use organic means I will just try to progress a step at a time :).

5. Schedule Schedule Schedule ;) - this could be part of point 3 but this one is aimed more towards my time spent with the children. Somedays when I'm feeling tired or watching something interesting on TV :O I feel lazy to read that bed-time story or to sit and play that game with the kids. And then feel really bad about it afterwards. So I'm hoping to have a loose time-table for the way we spend time. D atleast is old enough to know what a time-table means so we can have lots of fun setting it up, and then she knows what to expect :).

This list is getting dangerously long, so I think I should stop here for now and keep the rest for next year ;). Bye Bye Bye !

2 comments:

  1. My resolution for the year is to have no resolutions...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the best way Philip :). Thanks for dropping in!

      Delete